About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

~ Learning ~


One of life's philosophies sitting at the piano bench with many of my wonderful students - is teaching them the concept:

"If it were easy - you wouldn't be learning"

I've heard countless times over the years: "It's too hard.  I can't do it."  Which as of today, is no longer allowed to say at the bench! Instead: "I am learning, I CAN do it." 

I love the moment when we do a replay months later - after the "hard" piece has been mastered, of remembering what was said in the beginning of it being too hard. 
So I ask the question: "Why did you think it was hard at the beginning?"
Answer: "Because I didn't know it."
Me: "What did you do to get to this point of mastering it?"
Answer: "Practiced and listened to the song over and over again - every day."

Just like practicing the piano, or any instrument and anything else in life - the more we practice the easier it becomes.  I'm always encouraging my students as well as my kids - just because something looks or seems too hard, don't ever let that stop you from trying and learning it.  This is where growth comes in ... where persistence conquer's all ... where our purpose of progression un-veils itself right before us.

I love this quote that truly weaves it all together:

“That which we persist in doing becomes easier,
not that the task itself has become easier,
but that our ability to perform it has improved.”

Here's to facing the "hard stuff" today - that we may learn, grow and improve beyond our comprehension!
: )

No comments: