About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

~ Small Things ~


"Be faithful in small things
because it is in them that your strength lies". 
~ Mother Teresa

Sometimes I feel as if I need to do "great things" in my life. 
That my success is measured by the accomplishment of big things.  Yet, it really is in the small things that lead to the big things.  It is in the small things - simple - do able - things, that seem to have the most meaning.  Just as these tiny yellow flowers in the picture above - they are not big - yet powerful in their beauty, purpose and existence just the same.

I read this quote this morning which is just what I needed:

"Do great things in your life,
but do small things as well."

I heard a comment the other day - "If you can't bake a cake, bring the ice cream!" I loved it - and it humorously lifted a load for me.  We CAN all do something small.  The big things will come as we do the small things!

Finally - this sums everything up perfectly:

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

Step by step . . . And always remember as someone once taught me many years ago.  That if I do my best, that is what matters most.  And that your success is not measured between you and the world, but between you and  the most important being - God. 

Here's to living the small and simple things today. 
I'll bring the ice cream!  : ) Enjoy each moment of it. ♥

No comments: