About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, April 8, 2010

~ Power ~


"Thoughts are like boomerangs."
~Eileen Caddy

So, this morning as I awoke and as my thoughts began filtering into my mind of what to post today - the thought came to me to post about the power of our thoughts!!  I replied back to that thought, and said - "No, I've already done a post about that.  There has to be something else."  I then went to some of my little inspirational thought books and thumbed through them ... nothing.  Then something reminded me of another book I have so I went to that.  I closed my eyes, thumbed through the pages - stopped - opened my eyes and what did I read - but the quote posted above!  I gave in.  And the thought immediately came to me "Either I need this today - or someone else does!"

It is so true that our thoughts have power.  Do you know that certain thoughts - especially negative ones - can seriously harm our health?  Not to mention our attitude and our daily progression.  I know that when I'm worried about something, or constantly thinking about it - my energy is drained ... and something inevitably happens to my health, where before I was completely healthy and fine.

Another thing about thoughts that I have found - is once I have a thought to do something, I am filled within my being with such power to move beyond any obstacles so effortlessly that were once there before.  I love it when that happens.  The power of thought can transcend through anything if you but have the desire, passion and will to anchor yourself to your goal.

And as I have posted before - but feel compelled to once again - this quote defines perfectly the power of our thoughts:

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't
either way - you are right."
- Henry Ford

Believe in the power of your thoughts today.  Take note of the positive along with the negative and see exactly how it affects your moods, actions, communication - everything.  Make it a goal to keep positive thoughts running through your mind from this day forward - and see how life changing it can bless your life.  And remember - running water never goes bad.  Keep those positive thoughts running ...

"You have powers you never dreamed of.
You can do things you never thought you could do.
There are no limitations in what you can do
except the limitations of your own mind."
- Darwin P. Kingsley

No comments: