About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

~ Dreams ~



“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
- Brian Littrell

The other day, I was enjoying myself in town just piddling around the shops, taking in the beautiful scenery, feeling the warm sun drench my body, just enjoying a moment of my own.  I came around the corner and noticed a very young couple engaged in what looked like a very passionate conversation.  I passed them and kept walking, and all of a sudden they were walking alongside me.  The young man - very lit up - turned to me and asked:
"You would follow your dreams if you could wouldn't you?!" 
I looked at him kind of caught off guard but managed a smile and with wide eyes nodded and said matter-of-factly:  "Yes, I would!"  He looked at (what seemed to be his girlfriend) and said: "See?!!  You need to do it!"  They continued on, passing me by - a faster pace this time - and more engaged in their discussion.

I had to smile.  First of all - I was quite impressed with this young man's true shining enthusiastic passion.  Not to mention his young age - he got it so early on in life ... the understanding of how important it is to "follow your dreams if you could!"  It was at that moment that I felt an un-expected question entering my thoughts - almost shouting within my head - "What are my dreams?!"  I've been pondering that questions since.  Do I even know what my dreams are?  Do you? 

A few years back, I made it a daily habit to write down daily goals to reach whatever dream(s) I was aiming to accomplish in my home business.  They were more focused on money, materialistic things, and position in success.  It's funny how life sometimes steps in - picks you up - twisting and turning you out of alignment and then releases you back into another chapter of life.  Kind of a wake-up-call of sorts, with your dreams re-defining themselves. 

I have dreams - I've had them set before and have accomplished many.  But now - having this question asked and pondered for the past couple of days in my life today - this very moment, they've changed from what they used to be.  I feel they have become more of value and priority - long lasting - in an eternal perspective -what matters most.  Like being a good mother and raising good, decent, respectful people.  Being a good wife, daughter, friend, sister, aunt.  A good leader to those around me.  A good piano teacher.  A good writer that might somehow touch someone for the day, even if it's just one word or phrase or thought.  And most of all - a good daughter of God.  These - though they might seem mundane or menial to the world - are the most important dreams to me.  They are my dreams.  Mine to shoot for.  The dreams of the world might come later - after I've accomplished these that are more meaningful - with such a higher priority - that no money can buy.

Here's to your dreams today.  What are they?  Ask the question and the answers will come - they will.  Write them down.  Set your dreams at the top of your daily list and remember they are now priority.  And if they are priority - the most important things in your life today - what will you list first to accomplish them?

So, for now - Dream!!  And then one day, you will realize that your daily reality of life is now filled with your dreams being accomplished.  Keep dreaming and achieving! 
You CAN do it.  Just take the first step. 
Ask.  Write.  Do. Acheive.

: )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE this post, Dear Cuz!! And I love how you prioritize your dreams - Dream On!!