About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Friday, April 16, 2010

~ The Coconut! ~


“There is sweet water inside a tender coconut.
Who poured the water inside the coconut?
Was it the work of any man?
No. Only the Divine can do such a thing.”
 
- Sri Sathya Sai Baba

In celebration of "Aloha Friday" I bring to you the coconut! 

I remember a few years back, when we were in Hawaii for Thanksgiving with my hubby's family - his dad a Hawaiian - and known to the grandkids as "papa" - demonstrated right there on the beach how to crack open a coconut for all of us to see and taste.  It was very cool and the coconut milk, very sweet.
 
Not only does coconut have nutrional properties - but it also taste's very good ... especially fresh from the shell in chunky pieces.


And just for fun - if you've never seen someone climb a coconut tree here's a little entertainment ... followed by cracking it open!  Enjoy!!

Alooooooooooooha!

p.s. ... I'm going out of town on a youth camping adventure.  See ya'll back on Sunday!  : )

1 comment:

Janet said...

Very Cool! My favorite is coconut milk ice cream--not coconut flavored ice cream, but it's actually made with coconut milk! Delicious!