About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, April 15, 2010

~ Memories ~


“A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever.”

I love memories.  All one needs to do is remember a moment and voila! - that cherished memory is only - a smell - place - feeling - laughter - taste - music - touch - etc, away... bringing it all back to the heart once again.

Some of my most favorite memories are just simple times spent with loved ones - nothing extravagant - yet priceless. 
A drive up the canyon with the wildflowers in their full glory with my dearest friend.
Walking along the white soft powdered sands in Hawaii at sunset with my family. 
Eating the most delicious ever - "peach melba" cheesecake with my mom ... have never forgotten the - "oh my goodness" - look on her face when she tasted it! 
Playing volleyball, going to the lake, being together with dear friends when I was younger. 
High school memories - some of the best.  My first kiss - first hand held. 
Getting married. Being in the miracle of the moment when my children were born - never forgotten. 
Laughter - travels - snapping the "perfect picture" on a 3-day photographical adventure with my dad. 
The list is endless.  All of these and may, many more add to the treasures within my heart.  What would life be without our memories? 

Cherish your moments that create lasting memories.  Write them down before you forget them!  : ) 
Be grateful for them - learn from, grow and relish in your life's memories.  It's like a little gift that we can return to and continually re-open to experience and enjoy again and again - as if it were the first time.

p.s.... Here's to remembering our cherished memories today!  : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE this, Dear Cuz! how shallow our life's experience would be without memories...