About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, April 29, 2010

~ Birds Sing ~


"A bird does not sing because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song."
- Chinese Proverb

This very early morning as I was packing kids' lunches for the day, my hubby walked into the kitchen and asked if it was cold outside.  The sun still hadn't gotten up and it was dark outside.  I answered back that I'm sure it's cold right now - the sun isn't up yet.  He then asked, do you think the birds are singing?  I kind of laughed at the randomness of the question (he is seriously a "spinning top" morning person), and answered back - the birds still sing if it's cold or not.  Right then, I knew what my post was for the day!!  : )

I've been thinking about that since.  Do I "still sing" no matter what the day will be like?  I can hear the birds singing right now out my window as I type this.  They don't let the weather determine their mood or attitude for the day.  The birds continue on with their daily task's, fluttering about with joyful song for the world to hear.  What is my joyful song today for those around me?  Is it worth listening to?  Is it a nice tone of voice that makes others want to listen? 

Here's to singing your song today - no matter the weather - no matter your mood.  Let your song be heard!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I always think of the old primary song, "In the leafy tree-tops the birds sing good morning..." and it makes me happy and helps me remember the simple blessings in my life. And I realize, no matter what is in store for me, it will be a good day, because I am blessed.