About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, May 6, 2010

~ You Know ~



"You know what is right - so do it!"
~ Lisa May : )

Every morning as I prepare my kids' lunches (and they are definitely the healthiest in the school, I might add ... haha) - I always write a little something on their napkin.  Someday's it's a quote - other days a thought, or some humor or piece of advice - whatever I feel they need for the day.  And I always place it right on top of everything in their lunch sack, so as to be sure they read it.  I mean after all, they have to take the napkin out first to get to the food - right??!!  : )

Well.  Today's thought for them is the quote above.  The outside world - especially school - is so full of a myriad of distractions, peer pressure, obscenities, drugs, alcohol, etc. etc. etc.  Some of the things that my kids have shared with me that they have actually seen happen at school, completely shocks me.  It's a challenging world out there and a challenging time for our youth.  This is WHY they need to be taught right from wrong. 
 In our home we have taught our kids this concept ever since they were born.  It's a learning process for us as their parents - as we continue to try.  We're far from perfect let me get that straight first and foremost.  BUT, we are still enduring through it - day by day, one foot in front of the other!   Sometimes it's a really rough road, but we continue teaching and observing.  I'm always telling my kids that they know what is right.  They haven't been taught otherwise (at least in the home).  So if they know what is right - DO IT - no matter what!! 

Here's to doing the right thing today.  Whatever that may be in your world.  It is not just in some of us - it is in ALL of us to do right.  Like the picture above - stand up and out from the crowd - steadfast and immovable, that the world may see your goodness.  It's contagious - and a guiding light for others.  Never be afraid to be that light and example.

No comments: