About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

~ Solitude ~


"May you appreciate your own company
and enjoy times of quiet
and solitude."
  ~"What I Wish For You"

I am the type of person that loves taking myself on spur-of-the-moment journeys and mini adventures.  I am the type of person that doesn't need someone to always come along with me - HOWEVER, I  do love the company of my dear friends.  But if I want to go somewhere, and nobody can come with me - I'm totally okay with it and go anyway.  I have always been that way. 

Enjoy your own company for a change.  Do something just for you.  Go on a little adventure today. Somewhere you have always wanted to go and explore.  I always have my camera with me - and truly relish in my mini photographical journeys.  Enjoy the ambiance of the book store, all cozy in one of their comfy chairs - scanning through whatever books you have wanted to read.  Go to one of those "Color Me Mine" ceramic shops and paint some pieces.  Blast your favorite music when home alone doing your daily chores - or while driving in the car.  Treat yourself to a spa day.  Take a drive up to the mountains or the beach ... and just breeeeeathe - take it all in.  Treat yourself to a divine morsel.  Go on a walk through a nearby garden or park.  Whatever it is - just do that for you today and enjoy being with YOU! 

There is value in taking care of oneself.  There is value of loving your own company.  When you do this - you will be able to give back more to those around you - because you have taken care of yourself for a moment. And as the saying goes:
"You can't draw water from an empty well." 


Replenish yourself today, and enjoy the magic of solitude.



1 comment:

Janet said...

I love this post! Thank you! You always have great pictures--I love seeing what new one you will treat us to each day.