About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

~ Comfort Zone ~


"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."
~ Neale Donald Walsch

So I've started working out again at the gym.  Can't believe I let this time lapse so long ... BUT it feels good getting back into it and my body is saying "Ahhhhh!  It's about time!"  Some of the exercises, moves and holding positions - while you're continually reminded to "breathe" - have really forced me out of my comfort zone for sure.  However, I've learned that my body has quickly adapted and I don't feel so insecure anymore ... it's as if by stepping out of my comfort zone - literally - a whole new world has opened up before me of health, wellness, confidence and overall well-being!  Not only to I feel better physcially but mentally as well.  Those endorphines truly make a difference running throught the body.  It honestly feels much better than being "comfortable!" 

As with anything in my life through the years - not just excercising, but anything where I have experienced the major amount of growth, change and living, has seriously been when I've stepped out of my comfort zone.  Fear, lack of desire, low ambition, absent of passion - many of these "excuses" have caused me to remain stagnant in my world.  BUT - the moment I have taken that very first step - which I know to be true is sometimes the most difficult - is when I discover it really isn't as scary or difficult as I built it up in my mind to be.  When I'm in the moment of stepping out - the fear is replaced with courage and I feel as if I can do anything.  This is true for YOU too - yes YOU, the reader at the moment! 

Here's to stepping OUT of your comfort zone today!  Whatever has been holding you back from making your life better ... TODAY is the day to take that first step!  You CAN do it!  I know you can!!!  You just have to take that first step.  And just remember to breathe.  You will and can accomplish anything.  And once you're outside of that zone - your life will truly open up in ways you never thought possible. 
LIVE today!
: )

No comments: