About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

~ Lighten Up ~


"Man, unlike the animal,
has never learned that the sole purpose of life
is to enjoy it.  Lighten up!"
- Samuel Butler

I'm sure you've heard the term to "Lighten Up!"  Well, I have throughout my life - especially from my kids:  "Mom, chill - relax - lighten up!"  At the time - being in the moment - of whatever distress or anxiety I am throwing upon them ... and then having that reminder to lighten up thrown my way, makes me really wonder: "Is it really worth stressing over?!!"  The tiniest things can turn into mountains within seconds ... especially when mom storms in the room - scanning for any little thing that is out of place and WHO did it!!  I then realize - what am I really teaching my kids and family?  To stress over every little thing that won't even matter in the next 10 minutes?  Or can I teach them to really enjoy life.  To take a step back and prioritize the little things - or even big, and decide right there if it's really a battle worth fighting.  Sometimes it is.  Sometimes - most- it really isn't.  I am learning which one's to focus on more than others. 

 I know people who wouldn't know how to live their daily life if they weren't constantly picking at everything - bringing much more un needed drama into their life and everyone around them.  And by watching that - I've decided that I do NOT want that for me, or anyone around me that I love!  I've learned that life is not perfect and either am I ... and that I need to LAUGH at myself a little more to lighten the mood!! : )

So!  Here's to Lightening Up a little more today!  Before reacting verses responding - really think about it first.  Is it really worth it?  Will it really matter in 10 minutes?!!  Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue.  But then you'll notice your world around you is a little more brighter!! ☼

No comments: