About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, May 27, 2010

~ Challenges ~



"Every challenge has hidden within it
an opportunity so powerful
that it dwarfs the challenge."



When I read the above quote from one of my friends on Facebook - I knew it would be my post today!  I love the hope this quote gives me - right to the core. 

I have faced many challenges - like all of you - throughout my life.  And now after having read this quote, it makes me see my challenges and obstacles in a totally different light. 
Challenges + Obstacles = OPPORTUNITIES! 
And I know that if I stay strong throughout whatever I'm facing at the moment, that yes indeed - it WILL "dwarf the challenge!"

Think back on all of the obstacles and challenges you have been faced with in your life.  How did you get through them?  What better person did you become by changing those challenges into opportunities?

HOW do you change challenges into opportunities you might ask?  This is a great description of how to deal with challenges:

Meaning of challenge = Difficult experience, a test of one's abilities or resources in a demanding way, to summon to take action or effort.

Turn this around ~ Change your mindset when it comes to challenges. Think of them as opportunities in life. This is the Power of Positive thinking.


Meaning of opportunity = A chance in life or convenient time, a time or place favorable for executing a purpose, a suitable combination of conditions, suitable occasion.


Change your challenge into an opportunity to grow as a person, to learn something from, to strengthen yourself. By having challenges in life you have an opportunity in life.


Take a fresh look at things which come up for you. Look at them from a place of positive thinking rather than having a negative outlook from the start. As soon as you make this mindset shift and use the power of positive thinking you will start to feel much better. By looking at the possible challenge you face as an opportunity you are already in a more positive position to deal with whatever has come up for you.


Now maybe you are asking why the same challenges in life keep coming up for you on a regular basis. Again this is also an opportunity for you. I look at repetitive challenges as an opportunity to change, when things are sent into your life they happen for a reason, make a shift from the challenge to seeing this as an opportunity to make positive changes in life.


Here's to turning your obstacles and challenges into amazing positive opportunities!  Be creative.  Think out of the box on how you can do this.  Ask yourself how you can do it - and then just quietly listen ... the answers will come.  Finally this quote sums everything up perfectly:

"May you welcome obstacles as opportunities to express yourself
in ways you didn't think possible."
~ What I Wish For You

No comments: