About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, May 20, 2010

~ Friendship ~



“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”

Yesterday was probably one of the best birthday's I've ever had!  I received an overwhelming amount of birthday wishes at every angle - from phone calls, to text's, emails, Facebook, gifts at my door, cards in the mail, and was totally spoiled by my family!  I am truly grateful for so many kind, sincere, thoughtful people in my life.  The absolutely best and most meaningful gift I could have ever received - is the gift of friendship.

I am sitting here thinking of the best way to describe how blessed I feel - and honored to have so many people call me their friend ... there are no words to describe, except for abundant Gratitude. 

Friendship truly is the gift of the soul that carries you through the darkness into the light.  It is an anchor of the heart and a treasure within the depths of your being.  It is something of security, always knowing that someone - even if it's only 1 person - is always there for you no matter what.  It fills the spirit with joy and memories.  It is only a thought, a moment, a smile away and can be visited at any time.  It is hope for a beautiful life and a better world. 

I just want to thank all of you for being my friend.  I am eternally blessed and my life is richer because YOU are a part of it.  Cherish your friendships in your life - and be grateful for every single one!

Here are some of my most favorite quotes on friendship.  Enjoy ♥

“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”

"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."
-Elbert Hubbard

"A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down."
- Arnold H. Glasow

"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies."
-Aristotle

"Friendship... is not something you learn in school.
But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship,
you really haven't learned anything."
- Muhammad Ali

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...
It has no survival value;
rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

"You will always be my best friend ...
you know too much!"


For YOU - my dear friend.

 

No comments: