About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Monday, May 3, 2010

~ Procrastination! ~


"I'm going to stop procrastinating ... tomorrow!"

I've really been thinking a lot lately about procrastination.  I have to admit, that I'm pretty bad sometimes, when it comes to procrastinating.  I'll think: "I can do that later when I'm in the mood."  Or my favorite: "I work better under pressure and get things done quicker if I wait until the last moment!" Do you ever do that - or am I alone in this world of procrastination?  Just like the picture above - today is the trail ... tomorrow the fog - you never know if it will come - or be too late.

A pretty good wake-up call for me came about 3 weeks ago when a dear friend of mine passed away.  We would always talk about meeting up at the beach - but never got around to doing it.  That day will never come.  I know life gets busy - but the world of procrastination creeps in as well.  Procrastination is the enemy of priorities - and "opportunity's assassin." ~Victor Kiam.  It is the doing, that makes things happen - talk just gets you so far...and not far enough.

Since today is the beginning of a brand new - clean slated week - I thought it would be the best time to start a new habit of zero procrastination!  Even if you aren't able to do something you know you should be doing at the given moment - at least write it down, instead of completely putting it off.  Leave that note in clear view for the day as a reminder instead of a dismissal to accomplish whatever it is you need to do. 
I will take the challenge with you beginning today, and create this NEW habit!  Are you with me??  Ready...Set...Go!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this post, Cuz - had to read it again - I particularly love the quotes "slideshow" - count me in!! :) BH