About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

~ Time ~

"What is free, but priceless?
You can't own it, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”

So, I'm sitting here this morning - still in my pajamas ... trying to swallow with a major sore throat that just came up out of no where ... and thinking about "time." 

There is a time for healing - love - progression - success - sorrow - joy - challenges - life altering moments ... the list goes on.  I know in time - I will feel better.  And while I'm sitting here in this state, it makes me truly grateful for the time when I'm not sick!  It was only a day ago that I was working out and feeling great!!  What happened?!! 
You've probably heard the saying: "Time waits for no one."  Well, I believe this to be true.  Time will always continue - moving us right along with it, in its up's and down's - whether we are ready, like it or not! 

So, here is my thought.  Today - instead of fretting about being ill - I think I might just take some time out and enjoy what I can.  Perhaps a nice hot bubble bath - or steaming hot shower.  I have a great book I can read that mom gave me for Mothers Day.  We have movies to watch, I could hand-write a letter to someone dear.  Sit out in the sun this afternoon and get some vitamin D into my body to help speed up the recovery process.

  I figure that WHAT I do with my time I am given - is what matters most.  To me time is really a gift.  It's one more moment I have to spend with those I love.  It's one more second I have to do something for the better in my life and for others.  It's another chance to make things right.

I also figured out that time - in a sense - is an order of things.  I love this quote from the famous Albert Einstein:

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”

Here's to making time count today - really make it worth something.  Even if you're not feeling well - there is SOMETHING you CAN still do that can make a difference.  I'm going to try - how about you?!!

: )

No comments: