About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

~ Day of Birth ~





“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years.”

43 years ago today at approximately 12:48 p.m. I came into the world.  When I was 3 days old - I had a blood transfusion because my mom's white blood cells were attacking mine.  She has told me a few times since then, she will never forget the image of my tiny body laying there with one arm of blood going out and the other of new blood coming in.  I survived.

My memories of childhood were those filled with the daydreams of longing days yearned for in the world now.  It was simple - yet fun and meaningful.  We would ride our bikes through the nearby field - play hide 'n seek with all the neighborhood kids - owned a slip n' slide and had the perfect front yard hill to slide for hours on it.  My best friend - "Buffy" - lived only about 7 houses down the street and we were inseperable.  Barbies, were our #1 priority for our little world, and we would play with them for hours.  Great memories!  I lived.

I remember going camping w/the family and various families at least once a month.  To the deseret, the canyons, lakes, you name it - we were there.  Our yearly caravan to Disneyland always happened and it was a time that we looked forward to with such great anticipation.  It made the "magic" even greater the moment we walked through the front gates.  My mom still to this day loves that place ... her favorite moments were - and still are - walking up and down Mainstreet.  We had adventures together as a family.  No texting at the table or computers - ipod's to distract us.  Simple yet joyful times.  I lived.

When I was 11, we moved to Sandy Utah - which was a very devastating time ... leaving the only friends I've ever known since I was born.  Middle school years weren't really that great.  I was extremely shy and missed my old neighborhood.  Things began to change in high school as I had a new "bestie" and became involved in school.  By senior year I had come out of my shell and had a lot of good friends - fun and good times.  Of course going to the best high school on the planet helps a lot.  Alta High - the Hawks - "soaring high" took state in football more than once during my attending years which made for a strong bond with everyone.  Great times.  I lived.

I moved to California and lived with my dad for a few years.  This is where I met my hubby.  We also had the greatest group of friends ever, and to this day keep in touch with many of them.  We married - and a couple of years later had our first adorable son - then 3 years later our beautiful daughter.  I lived.

I was once told, back in my early mom years, how fast time flies.  That overnight my kids will be all grown up.  I thought - ya right ... it won't happen to me.  Well, guess what?  Time does fly.  It does happen overnight.  Right now my son will be 18 this year and my daughter 15.  I have taken thousands of pictures of them throughout their life, which to this day is one of my greatest treasure's and highest gratitude that I did.  I will be celebrating my 25 year high school reunion in September and I sometimes think - what the??!!  Where did the time go?  I feel as if I just graduated on some days ... as if I just walked out of the those front doors of school into a new chapter of my life.  Time waits for no one.  And I have found that if I'm not paying attention, precious moments will pass me right by.  I am living.

This day today will be a celebration of my life.  With all of my memories unwrapped as gifts right in front of me.  For the love and gratitude I feel for both sets of my parents who love me and I love them.  For my own little family.  For a loving Father in heaven who loves me unconditionally and is constantly merciful of my imperfections.  For all of my dearest friends in my life and extended family.  For the knowledge of who I am and the continued learning that fills my soul every day.  To all of the opportunites, challenges, obstacles, successes, and dreams in my life that have made me who I am today - at this very moment.  To the beauty with the ebb and flo of this amazing miraculous earth I walk upon every day.  To it all.  I've had a great life and plan on continuing with it.  I have lived and am living every day. 

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday!!