About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Saturday, July 31, 2010

~ Overnight ~



"A mother holds her child's hand for a little while
but holds their hearts forever."
-Author Unknown

Recently my heart has been reminding me of when my children were young.  We watched a home video a couple of weeks ago when my - almost 18 year old son  and almost 15 year old daughter - were just born ... and growing thru their baby months.  
  I couldn't help but think ... "where did the time go?"  Seriously!  It happens overnight!  One day they are babe's - the next day turning 15 & 18!!  It truly pulls at the heartstrings.  And I wonder - "have I taught them enough?"  I guess that never stops - the teaching part - but "enough" to be out in the world, standing on their own two feet, with courage and kindness - integrity - honesty - confidence ... the list is endless.

I have thousands of pictures of my kids.  I am sooooooo truly grateful for that.  Their albums, home movies, scrapbooks, framed ... these memories are priceless - because the mind fades. 

I guess my message for this post today - really is one for me...but if you, the reader gets something out of it, then it's for you too!  : ) 
 
What has been pressing upon my soul, is hoping that I've spent enough quality time with them - and still try to do.  Am I sitting in front of the computer - doing dishes or laundry when they are trying to share something with me of great importance to them?  Do I look into their eyes and really listen, or just nod my head pretending to?  Do they really know how much I love and appreciate them being in our family for this moment on earth? 
The poem below sums up what I've been pondering.   So!  Here's to gathering your loved ones into your arms today, tell them you love them...take a ga-zillion pictures of them...spend TIME with them...laugh, play, learn, teach, listen.  Cherish every single moment - whether you think they are good or bad. 
Hold their hearts forever.  
Because tomorrow happens overnight.  



"I hope my child looks back on today
and remembers a mom who had time to play

There will be years for cleaning and cooking,
but children grow up when we are not looking.

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
'cause babies grow fast, we learn to our sorrow.

So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep"

No comments: