About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, July 1, 2010

☼ Light ☼


"Light is merely the shadow of God."

My parents have been visiting this week, which was truly enjoyable having them here with us!  And yesterday, while my dad was out taking my son to breakfast and then to play a bucket of balls at the golf course, I took my mom to a rose garden in town.  It was a welcoming retreat - as we went to each section of this beautiful sanctuary to stop and smell the roses.

As we were heading out back to the car, I stopped at the sun dial they had there, and read its inscription -  the quote above.  As I read it - it actually caught my breath.  You know those times when you see or read or experience something that catches your breath and lights up your soul?  Anyway - I vowed to memorize it, so that I could post it today and share it with you.

I love the thought of that quote.  It just gives me hope that there is no darkness - or shadows as we know - surrounding God.  He IS the Light.  I love the whole concept of Light in all areas of life.  And how it always parallels back to God. 

So, for today - the 1st day of July ... the month of Light - summer days - warmth - laughter - activity ... let's remember where the light - filling our joyful days - is coming from. 

Here's to Light being our shadow.

No comments: