About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Saturday, July 17, 2010

~ Direction ~


"Change. But start slowly,
because direction is
more important than speed."
- Paulo Coelho

This quote found me today.  I love quotes! And more often than not - they jump out at me, grabbing hold of my heart with an exclamation of: "ah-ha!!" 
Sometimes I wonder why certain one's do that?  What is it that I need to learn from them?  What is going on in my life at the time? 
For me, quotes are like a glimpse into my soul at times it seems ... like a sneek-peek ... a sub-conscience prelude to what may be up ahead - and sometimes a postlude of past experiences, blessing me with pearls of wisdom as if comforting and supporting me.

This world is all about speed these days.  So often I am guilty of the importance of getting things done as fast a possible, or wanting something "right now!"  But I've also learned that by not taking the time out to evaluate the direction of where I should be going rather than the racetrack I'm on - could actually take longer in the end, because of all the detours. 

"Direction."  Trust it.  Pray for it's guiding hand.  Look for the signs in your daily life.  Pay attention to the small details of it.  Sometimes it might not be the direction you really want - or are thinking is the right way - but if you let go of your will and just trust ... in the end you will see the grand picture!  And that your story turns out better than you could have ever written, or imagined.

So, here's to direction in life rather than speed. 
Take the time with patience to be directed. 
The reward will be priceless.

No comments: