About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Who Do You Stand For?


A few definitions for "Stand" as defined by Mr. Webster:

1. to rise to one's feet.
2. to stop or remain motionless or steady on the feet.
3. to take a position or place.
4. to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause.
5. to take up or maintain a position or attitude with respect to a person, issue, or the like.


A couple of definitions for "Witness" as defined by Mr. Webster:

1. to see, hear, or know by personal presence and perception..
2. to bear witness to; testify to; give or afford evidence of.


I have always loved the above mentioned scripture.  It sits framed in our family room right next to our family picture as a daily reminder.  I love #4 on the Stand definition - to remain firm or steadfast.  To me being steadfast means staying fixed in direction, having a firm purpose, and unshakable faith.

I've been pondering the past couple of days, the word witness.  And how - being a witness - one would had to have experienced something to be able to be a witness, yes?  That thought causes me to ask myself, if I am standing as a witness of God - what exactly in my life have I experienced with or from God to be able to stand as a witness of him?

There have been many times in my life, whether it be personal revelation, specific direction in my life, a thought right at the exact moment I needed it, a friend who became my own angel at the moment for something I needed just for me that only God would have known.  Other times, overwhelming feelings while in personal prayer or when reading just one verse of scripture that touched my very being with such enlightenment - I could not deny.  Other times, journying out into His glorious creations ... walking along the beach bordering an endless crystal sea, traversing the majestic mountains, and even in the solitary desert.  Or within sacred walls of worship as beautiful music reverberated off its structure right into depths of my soul.  Even still, looking into the eyes of my own children, and others where I could see directly into heaven from their gaze.  Experiences of safety, security, answer to prayer and sometimes surprises that were totally un-expected or not even realized.  What about witnessing the "ebb and flow" of the earth - the season's, the extraordinary hand painted skies at dawn and at sunset.  The flowers, the trees, the insects the animals.  The list is endless ... but one more thing I truly need to consider is the witness of His own Spirit to mine - Spirit to Spirit.  He has testified and witnessed Himself to me, so I - in return - may testify and witness of Him.  Amazing concept isn't it?

So, again I ask - who do you stand as a witness for?  Have you received His witness in your heart and spirit?  If not - seek Him out today.  Do not procrastinate ... the time is now - to "Stand (steadfast, immovable, unshaken) as a Witness of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places."

Happy Sabbath : )

No comments: