About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Sunday, July 18, 2010

~ Faith ~


"We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight"
-2 Corinthians 5:7

Faith is defined as "believing in something that you can't see."  So, my question is - where does this belief come from in the first place?  How can you have Faith in something you can't see?

My own personal answer is this: "Faith is believing in something that you can't see - BUT that you CAN feel."  Faith has been my own personal Lighthouse so many times throughout my life.  It has truly been a beacon of Divine Light.  At times shining my pathway - other times, as a  feeling of pure comfort and peace beyond explanation.  These experiences of Faith in my life, are powerful beyond measure, and have opened my understanding to:
 "Seeing isn't believing.  Believing is seeing."

Sometimes it is very difficult to have Faith in something beyond yourself.  I know this to be true.  But the moment I let go - and give everything up to Faith in God- is when my burdens are lightened and my pathway is illuminated.

Faith is a universal God - given gift.  It has been planted within our breast - each and every one of us - from before time.  But it is we who must open the gift and test it out.  Let go today.  And have Faith that: 

 "When you have come to the edge of
all the light you have
and step into the darkness of the unknown,
believe that one of the two will happen to you.
Either you'll find something solid to stand on or
you'll be taught how to fly!”
~ Richard Bach

Happy Sabbath ♥

p.s.... Interesting enlightenment and insight - enjoy! : )

"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.
It is not enough that a thing be possible for it to be believed."

-Voltaire

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, Dear Cuz!! I especially love the Richard Bach quote...

Never forget the power of "the desire to believe"

:)

Love ya,
J

Welcome Friends said...

Yes, my dearest cuz!! "The desire to believe!"

Sure do love ya!
xoxo