About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Friday, July 9, 2010

~ Molokini ~


"The wonders and beauty of Hawaii will never cease to amaze me.
It's as if a slice of the most breathtaking corner of heaven
has been placed right here on earth."

In celebration of "Aloha Friday" I bring to you the awesome wonder of Molokini.

One of my very first scuba diving adventure's was right there in that picture in the crater of Molokini.  My dad took me to Hawaii for my high school graduation celebration and it was one of the best vacations I have ever been on!  We took a boat out to the crater, geared up, and jumped into the bluest warm water I've ever beheld.  Sea life was as colorful as the rainbow and soooo abundant.  We fed fish, an eel, saw sharks (the nice ones), an octopus, a turtle and just immersed ourselves within this realm of another existence of life.  I was never the same afterward.  Life changed - totally hooked.  Have been on hundred's of dives since and absolutely LOVE this completely different and extraordinary world!

Molokini is a partially sunken volcanic crater just 2.5 miles off the coast of Maui, Hawaii. Located between the islands of Maui and Kahoolawe, Molokini is now a beautiful underwater sanctuary for marine life. Molokini is truly one of Maui’s most breathtaking snorkel and dive locations. Part of Maui County, Molokini is a popular destination for scuba diving and snorkeling with many tourist boats coming each day from the south coast of Maui.


Have an "onolicious" Aloha Friday all!  And excuse me while I go find my scuba gear ...
: )

p.s.... The eel we fed that I was talking about is the one at :52 seconds and the sharks are at 1:36 on this awesome video!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Skyler said...

We went snuba diving last year at Molokini . I hope we get to try scuba this summer. Definitely would like to get closer to all the fish and turtles!