About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

~ Rent You Pay ~


"Service to others
is the rent you pay
for your room here on earth."

My mom is the perfect example and definition of service.  As long as I can remember, she has constantly served others - including us her family.  There have been countless ways in which she has served and continues to - and by doing so has become such an amazing and loving woman.  She reaches out to anyone in need and is always there for everyone.  Her smile, touch, hands, hugs, laughter, wisdom, advice - has etched her footprints upon the earth, wherever she walks with whomever she is with.

Let us all give a little more service today.  Seek those opportunities out.  It doesn't have to be a grand event - a simple smile, hug, shoulder speaks louder than any words or money ever could.  It's amazing when we're in the act of serving how the heart expands within.  Not only for yourself - but for the one you're serving.

This quote by Albert Einstein sums it all up just perfectly:

"Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living."

And if you're not sure of how you can serve others ... here's 100 ideas that can get you going today!  Make it fun, enjoyable and memorable in your journey of life.  : )

p.s... A wonderful example of service!

One more amazing quote that I just read from a friend.  I've always loved this and forgot until she reminded me of it.  Ready?!! ....

"If you're not happy with your lot in life
build a Service Station on it."

: )

1 comment:

Janet said...

Thank you for all of your positive, uplifting comments! I really appreciate them. One of my favorite sayings about service is, "If you're unhappy with your lot in life, build a service station on it!" :)