About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

~ Weeds ~


Weed - noun
1. any undesirable or troublesome plant,
esp. one that grows profusely where it is not wanted
-Webster's Dictionary

So, as I mentioned in a previous post - we have a really large lot and most of it has turned into a weed-fest!  This morning, I was out with my son - pulling an area of weeds that had totally overtaken my roses and gardenia bushes.  As I was pulling them, a few thoughts came to me that made a perfect analogy.  (which made for great company in my mind - making this mundane, annoying task, a little better)!

The thought came to me of how we all have weeds in our life - in one form or another, that can take over the good things  (as the weeds took over the beautiful flowers), faster than we realize. 
They might be habits we need to change.  Our attitude.  Relationships. The need to forgive someone. etc. etc. etc.   And then the other thought came to me, that if the weeds I was pulling are not taken from the root, they will grow back.  It takes more effort pulling from the root ... but in the long run - the weed is gone.

Finally, I was trying to figure out some positive aspect of this whole weed thing and this last thought came to me.  We will all have weeds at one time or another in our life that we need to get rid of.  It's a process and sometimes take quite awhile to do it.  But just as I was pulling these weeds this morning - struggling - using both hands on some ... raking, grooming ... I realized that by doing this makes me stronger!  And the outcome of beautiful flowers free from the choking of weeds is such a better sight to see and the grand reward!

So, here's to pulling your weeds today - whatever they may be.  Figure out what they are and start from the root.  Be patient and don't pull too fast - because as I found out this morning by doing that, sometimes the root doesn't come up.  If I'm patient and pull slower, the root will come.  And yes, sometimes, it takes both hands.  Effort = Reward!
: )


No comments: