About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Postscript

Today welcomes my first blog entry!  I am sitting here wondering exactly what to say - what words to put out there in the internet void that might hold something of value for someone.  This blogging business is new to me, however writing is not.  I usually record my thoughts in my journals, or write letters to my life-long friends and family or correspond amazing shares, thoughts and enlightement with my dearest, amazing cousin of all time - via Facebook.  I've also had some short stories published in a couple of the Chicken Soup For The Soul series .... But here ... now - writing out into space - very new to me. 

I could tell you how it's drizzling rain today and that it's a "cozy day" - one that makes you want to curl up with some delicious herbal tea, a warm blanket and a good book or movie.  I could also tell you about my morning walk with my - loyal and amazing yellow lab/husky mix - dog named Lucky.  And how, because of the moisture in the air and on the ground, that my senses were magnified a hundred times over, emanating from the earth.  The ever healing eucalyptus trees immersed their soothing vaporous scent at every turn, as I inhaled its fresh invigoration right into the depths of my soul.  Lucky seemed to discover something new with each scent as well along the trail.  I could also tell you that by 9:30 am I had the oil changed in my car, went to the post office to deliver a b-day package and then Trader Joes to buy all the fixins for creamy chicken potato soup for dinner tonight.  Or.... I could tell you ....

My thought for the day.  I've really been pondering lately on one of the most priceless gifts we've been given.  Our God-given agency.  Every day is a CHOICE.  Every moment will either bring us closer or away from God, his Spirit, the things we know are true, right and valuable.  It is our choice whether to be happy or miserable.  It is our choice to do what we know is right.  So, my thought today - on this drizzly, cozy Wednesday morning is this.  What are you choosing with your every moment?  Is it Light or darkness that you want in your life today?  No one can choose it but you.  YOU have the true power, no matter what is happening in your world around you - by your choice - what it will be.  And like the line in the ever so popular movie, "Indiana Jones" says ...
"Choose Wisely."


That's it for today!  : )

p.s.!!  "postscript" ... p.s. is always my favorite part!  It seems to always have the last moment's concept with the most fun, random thoughts!  Like when you've kept the fork from your dinner plate, because you know dessert is coming!  p.s. is dessert!! haha

2 comments:

Brenda said...

A great start...I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Welcome to blogging!

Mills Medley said...

Your blog is ALOT like my blog in the sense of what we say. I am following the Simple Abundance book this year and also am doing the gratitude journal she published as well (Sarah Ban Breathnach)

Its great to know I am not alone :0) I started my blog as a way to better myself from growing up in an abusive home.

Gratitude if you focus on it will change your life. It has mine in 2 months!