About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Saturday, January 16, 2010

~ Head Up In The Clouds! ~



WHAT is it about clouds? .... Seriously!  I LOVE clouds - sometimes they stop me dead in my tracks with such amazing awe.  I am fascinated by their constant moving shapes, color, light, dark, shadows, streams of sunlight bursting thru like the fingers of God.  I even belong to a "cloud group" on Facebook where anyone can post pictures they've taken of these glorious formations!  These are some of the many reasons I always have my camera in hand ... for the clouds!

Hypnotized is probably the closest word to describe my daily obession, with a mixture of a sort of home-sick feeling.  I remember as a child, we (my brothers and neighborhood kids would do what I'm sure all kids do and have done sometime in their life) ... would lay down on our backs upon the cool fresh grass for hours and imagine different shapes the clouds would magically be drawing out just for us - in our own simple little world.  I always wished - and still do - that I could just lay atop one of those big billowy clouds, just to see what it would feel like.  Pure delight.  Did you ever do that?  Do you remember those days?

I've often asked myself ... what is it about clouds that I am so intrigued by, as if held spellbound?  My life stops for a moment upon viewing such mezmerizing masterpieces, and my very being is captured with its overpowering awe.  I've discovered that every second changes, and sometimes - with patience - the longer you wait, the more incredible the picture ... BUT there is a point of no return.  Don't wait too long! 

So, back to the question at hand.  I believe within my heart of heart's that is is God's way of helping me remember Him.  That if I was to ever doubt His existence, all I would have to do is look up!  How can you NOT believe that He exist's?  It makes we want to shout at the rooftops, that YES! "There is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do WITNESS that there is a Supreme Creator." (Alma 30:44).  And not only does the earth testify of Him - but look at the miracle of life ... our own bodies, how they function perfectly (well- for the most part) ... our Spirit's ... our heart's ... Love.  What else is there to testify of God?  This thought is what brings me back home, and truly grounds my Spirit. 

So - next time there is an artist in the sky - painting, sculpting, shaping these massive grand creations ... ponder for a moment who's hand it is by.  The Master Painter.  And if you have your head up in the clouds for a bit - remember what it was like - way back when...and make sure you have your camera in hand!


2 comments:

*Shelli* said...

I LOVE your photos Lisa. Every picture tells a story :) I can't wait to watch your blog blossom ♥

Welcome Friends said...

Awwww ... Shelli! You're so kind - thank you. This is definitely a new journey and I'm happy to have you long with it! : )
xoxo