About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"God Winks"



A little over a month ago, I was taking my daughter Malia, on a routine check up to the orthodontist. We were about 5 minutes behind schedule and upon exiting the freeway – were anxious to catch the green light to turn left that was still lit up. “Stay green, stay green” we chanted in unison. Just before our light turned yellow, a huge utility truck came barreling thru at top speed running the red light. We were only about 20 yards away - and the light turning yellow had slowed me down just in time. 

Horror immediately ran thru my veins as we slowly came to our stop at the exact instant Malia stated: “If we had been 5 seconds earlier, we would have been dead.” I was speechless.  And knew the truth in that comment as it echoed within the car. Not only that, Malia was sitting directly behind me in the back seat and that is the side of our car the truck would have crushed. Malia then – with her amazing faith – confidently declared:
“It was God who saved us.”

I have since thought of that incident and can – without a doubt – agree with what my sweet daughter said right there in the moment that yes - God saved us. I often consider such things like this happening everywhere, all around us. How frequently does this happens on a daily basis? Hourly, by the minute – the second? And are people even paying attention to these “coincidences” in their life?

I came across a book a few years back titled “When God Winks.” It is a collection of true stories by famous people with recordings of “coincidences” in their life. The main author states that there is no such thing as coincidences. It is actually “When God Winks” upon you. I’ve always loved that phrase and have since remembered it and have recognized it more times than I can even count in my life.
♥ Being in the right place at the right time.
♥ Having someone come into my life – not a moment too soon, or a moment too late – but exactly at the moment I needed them for something they truly blessed me with.
♥ Specific blessings received.
♥ Meeting someone - who feels like I have known them forever. One of my many kindred spirits : )
♥ My children being kept from harm, or danger from certain incidences in their life.
♥ Visiting a friend 6 years ago, in a certain little town called Temecula (when we were still living in Utah), on the same street we are living now. And how, by the end of the week a deposit was put down on our house (that had “just been put up for rent 15 minutes before we arrived to visit our friend), a job was secured (miracle all in itself) and we were moving to a brand new town in a whole other state!!!

To me my “God Winks” have also been simple and personal within my heart and soul as well.
♥Thinking of someone dear just at the same time I receive a text, phone call or email from them.
♥ Being guided directly to something I needed without having to spend a week looking for it.
♥ Having my wishes or prayers answered - and sometimes even better than I had imagined or asked for.

The list is endless … and minute by minute – second by second continues to happen. All one has to do is pay attention. Really become aware of the “God Winks” around you today. They don’t just happen to some, they happen to all – but you must stay alert, because what you think is nothing – really is something. It is “God’s way of staying anonymous” as Albert Einstein quotes. Start noticing, and then give thanks when it happens. God is smiling down upon you. : )



p.s….Weather update! lol – Okay, so it’s been raining non stop since Monday here. I’ve never in my life seen such ominous weather change formation within seconds with a momentary split in the clouds of blue sky and sunshine … and then right back to a dark canopy looming above with so much rainfall coming off the rooftops like a waterfall – within seconds. Not only that, there was a TORNADO in San Clemente yesterday (about 45 minutes away from us) that overturned vehicles and blew out windows from buildings. The waves are growing in size, and I saw posted from a friend on FB that he literally witnessed “a beach being transformed by nature.” Crazy weather let me tell ya! I’ll keep you posted and for sure post some pictures of the beach/waves when I get to it. For fun, you can see the waves @ Pacific Beach in San Diego from a live cam @ this link: http://www.surfermag.com/surf-cams/pacific_beach/index.html?CamID=4&RegionID=8
Until then – keep your eyes and heart open for those “God Winks” in your life today!! : )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, Dear Cuz! You introduced me to God winks - I know I've had them in my life, and am now more aware of them and watchful

We grew up in "Tornado Central" so when you said a tornado had come nearby you, I didn't think much of it until you said windows had been blown out of cars, etc.

Glad you're all OK!!

Loves n Bear Hugz always

Welcome Friends said...

Luv ya dearest cuz of mine! Thanks for the comment.

Yes we are okay ... it was a "God Wink!" ; )

xoxoxo