About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Can"



Has frustration ever overshadowed your spirit with the dreadful feeling of not being able to do everything? It sure has for me at times, and it wasn’t until this thought manifested itself to me a couple of years ago, really help open my eyes:

“I cannot do everything, but I can do something … and that something can change everything.”

That thought, truly was a life-changing moment for me … a release … a burden lifted as my spirit awakened with an “ah-ha” followed by a sigh of relief. YES! I can do SOMETHING and it’s okay if I don’t do everything!!

Why is it that we (especially women) feel the need to do everything? … And all at once?! Yes, we have so many responsibilities and the compelling urge to do everything – and do it perfectly. But take a moment right now and really think about that quote. I decided instead of looking at the entire elephant in my life every day – to take it a piece at a time. Step by step. Line upon line. Do what I CAN – even if it is just one thing. A small thing can bring great results.

Another quote I just read last night from my dear friend of 23+ years goes like this:

“Be content to do the things you can, and fret not because you cannot do everything.”

Today, be a little kinder to yourself. Give yourself a break and remember that you don’t have to do everything. That the one or two things you “can” do is good enough … especially if it’s “high priority” (no laundry to-do-list … priority – meaningful – in the moment - lasting) and if it’s the best you can do for the day.

I’ve discovered that the dishes, laundry, vacuuming will always be there. But the meaningful things I CAN do that will make an everlasting change – might not.

Here’s to doing what you "can" today. With no regrets and with a new outlook and burden lifted! : )

4 comments:

The six of us! said...

Welcome to the blogging world Lisa! I love to use my blog to journal all my family life events great or small. I look forward to reading your wonderful works of inspiration!!!

Welcome Friends said...

Thank you!!! Looking forward to yours as well! : )

Brenda said...

The perfect reminder for today. I was noticing signs of new problems with the MS today and knew that I had to slow down, take it easy...which means less will get done. After reading your post today, so what!

Welcome Friends said...

Brenda you're awesome!! Thanks for commenting and I'm glad this helped you!! : ) Take it easy. ♥