About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Afterthought



http://www.thedashmovie.com/My hubby and I went to a funeral a few days ago, for the father of one of our dear friends.  So many thoughts filtered thru my mind as memory after memory was shared from family members.  Learning more about this amazing man - how his kids and grandkids never heard him raise his voice, speak an unkind word to them or about anyone, and never said anything ill about or toward his wife - truly put things into perspective for me.  Am I really living a life by that example?  Do I do any good in my world around me?  Do I hold dear to my heart as he did - my family right before me?

It brings to my mind, a poem called "The Dash" ... the dash between the dates of birth and death on your tombstone. 
One of the lines says:

"What matters most of all, is the dash between the years.
For it matters not how much we own; the cars, the house, the cash.
What matters is how we live and love
and how we spend our dash."

So, today on this beautiful misty Thursday morning my thoughts will be turned to living my "dash."  And making my to-do-list with my top priorities of doing the things I would regret not having done today.  Not putting my laundry, dishes etc. @ the top of my priority list, definitely holds no regrets I can tell ya!  They will always be there - but my family, friends and doing something worthwhile will not always be around. 

A quote formed itself in my mind this morning out of nowhere and this is what it said:

"Being Grateful doesn't cost a thing.  Yet it brings the most wealth." 

I believe that being grateful truly brings so much abundance to life. And Gratitude most assuredly makes it to the top of the priority list to help fulfill the dash of life don't ya think?

Here's to making it a rewarding, "prioritized" day!  : )
Cheers!

No comments: