About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

~ Swimming ~



"When life gets you down, you know whatchya gotta do?
Just keep swimming , just keep swimming,
just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"
~Dory ... Finding Nemo

I absolutely LOVE Dory!  She's always upbeat, a cheer leader of sorts, a loyal friend and she doesn't give up. 
Even with her short-term memory, she still conquers!

I've been swimming laps lately and I just love being in the water.  It's a refreshing sanctuary for me - relaxing, peaceful and simply my own little corner of the world for a moment in my day.

Funny thing.  There is a quote from the movie: Eat Pray Love, that has been going through my thoughts for the past few weeks that says:
"If you want to live in the castle, you have to swim the moat."

I posted that quote this morning on Facebook and one of my friends replied:
"Well, if that's the case, I'm going to swim laps!"

Ha!  It was just then that I realized why that quote has been on my mind!  And then adding the final puzzle piece of Dory ... funny how things come full circle in life.  Even when we don't realize that we have been doing something, how it all comes around at the perfect time in our life.
 Just when we really need it the most. 
And what I needed in my life today:
"Just keep swimming."

So!  Here's to swimming our personal "moat" today ... whatever that may be.  And remember to kick hard, breathe, stretch those arms out in front of you as far as you can reach ... and to
"Just keep swimming!"
><(((( *> 

No comments: