About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

~ The Gift of Work ~


"Any process you are going through will get tougher before it gets easier.
That's what makes learning a gift.
Even though pain is your teacher."
- Red Stephens - The Ultimate Gift 


So, this summer with school out and my kids wanting to do absolutely nothing because "it's summer" ... I have developed something a little different this year.  My son, since Monday has woken up at 7:00 am and works out in the yard (we have a ridiculously large lot that has turned into a weed-fest in some of the sections), raking - pulling - grooming the landscape.  If he wants to do something - whatever it may be for the day - he has to earn it first by working.  My daughter, same thing.  She has indoor chores to do before "hanging out" with all her friends.

This morning while walking my most wonderful dog Lucky thru the meadow, I couldn't help but think about the movie:
"The Ultimate Gift."  We love that movie.  It's one of our family favorites.  Very touching, and life-learning as well.  Anyway - one of the "gifts" the character has to learn is the "gift of work."  It made me think of what my son is doing each day - hopefully learning this important attribute in life ... work. 

I've listed below all of the gifts this movie teaches.  Read thru each one.  Which one catches your attention the most?  Whatever it is ... take that one as a challenge this day - week - month.  There's never any harm in learning something new.  Especially if it helps us grow and become just that much better!  : )

Here's to "gift's" today!  Now go and get that rake and shovel and get to work!! : )


The Twelve Gifts

The Gift of Work

The Gift of Problems

The Gift of Friends

The Gift of Giving

The Gift of Gratitude

The Gift of Family

The Gift of Learning

The Gift of Money

The Gift of Laughter

The Gift of a Day

The Gift of Dreams

The Gift of Love (which leads to the Ultimate Gift)

No comments: