About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Monday, June 28, 2010

~ "RAK" ~


"Each smallest act of kindness
reverberates across great distances and spans of time,
affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit
was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed,
until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage
years later and far away.”
~ Dean Koontz

There have been so many countless moments in my life where I have been the recipient of RAK (random acts of kindness).  From friends, family even strangers.  Simple as having a door opened to me - or even more depth of having meals brought in when I've been really sick - or my house cleaned by loving hands . . . the list is endless.  I have a difficult time accepting such abundant kindnesses at times, I would rather be the giver.  But I do realize that this life is about giving as well as taking, and when this happens both parties are blessed for the richer.

What kindnesses has someone given you in your life?  Even if it is just a listening ear, or simply knowing that someone is always there for you . . . being kind and receiving it, is like a Light in the darkness.  And being kind - a smile, wink, hug, kind words, deeds . . . doesn't cost a thing - yet brings the most joy - full circle. 
Let us be kind today - this Monday . . . a fresh new start of the week.  Dig deep and see how many Random Acts of Kindness we can bestow to everyone we come in contact with - starting with the most important people in your life whoever they may be.  Share your kindness today : )

p.s..... Cheers to being kind!

No comments: