About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Friday, June 18, 2010

~ Plate Lunch! ~



In celebration of "Aloha Friday" - I bring to you one of the delicacies Hawaii is most known and famous for:
"Plate Lunch!"

It's a - shall we say - staple meal over there.  And can be found around every corner, at ever store - along every shack on all the streets - in the malls - and best of all ... on the delicious "shrimp trucks!"

The first picture posted is my hubby's plate from our family reunion b-b-q we attended...and the bottom 2 picture's are from the before mentioned shrimp truck along "Kam Hwy." 
The one in the middle is their famous garlic shrimp plate and the one on the bottom is their famous coconut shrimp.  Just looking at these pictures again starts my mouth watering - and my stomach craving for just one more delicious bite!  Words can't describe how tasty it was. : )

For the history of plate lunch you can click here
**Caution ... while reading, mouth may start watering and stomach growling!**  : )

So, have a wonderful "Aloha Friday" - and get out and have some plate lunch bruddah!  It's "da kine!"

Aloooooooooooooooooha!! : )

No comments: