About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, July 7, 2011

~ How To Feast ~

It's a daily battle
being in the world, yet
not of it.

A world, fast-paced ... instant answers at fingertips through the internet ...
technology advancing every breathing second and demands at every corner,
soul-pounding hard of who we should be.  What we should look like. 
How we should think.

How did we survive not too long ago - without Google? 

How do we feast upon the soul of life,
without our cell phone ringing,
or texting, or twittering?
How do we feast upon relationships - face to face - and heart to heart
without a computer screen doing the work, or text communication instead?

How do we feast upon Him - in this technology, stress inducing, constant paced life?

Have I become so caught up myself,
with the instant gratification of technology - that I don't
take the time
to really feast on what is most important?

How many times do I just skim the surface, thinking that was the best I could do?
How many moments do I miss the deepest part of life and the precious souls,
because I was surface-living?

I wonder how many times have I set my heart upon the vain things of the world,
instead of the gratitude moments that can be ever fleeting if not recognized?

Feasting is depth.  It is taking time and enjoying each morsel.  It is focusing deep
and slowing time down, to truly partake. 

Feasting is gratitude - for everything and for all around me.  Everything - no matter how joyful or difficult.

It is setting my heart on the things that matter most.  Not the mirage the world wants me to believe.

It is growing, loving and developing relationships - around me
and with Him.







Feasting - truly feasting - upon Him, his word, will bless me with answers
in this chaotic world - that are not of this world.
But of Him.


"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost;
wherefore, they speak the words of Christ.
Wherefore, I said unto you,
feast upon the words of Christ;
for behold, the words of Christ will tell you
 all things what ye should do."-2 Nephi 32:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just AWESOME! Feasting on today's technology robs the young of discovering life and themselves in nature....

Welcome Friends said...

Thank you! : )

And yes, so, so true.
I wonder how much longer it's going to be before communicating face to face will not be the norm anymore? And living deep.
Like you said.