About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Sunday, July 24, 2011

~ How To Be An Instrument ~

I read it ...
pages skin-thin,
teaching me how to be an instrument.
A God Instrument.

As I ponder further,
my mind turning reeling - grasping to define
within my own fiber,
what an instrument is.

A musical instrument
needs to be kept fine-tuned ...
deep-learned, daily-practiced and enjoyed.

Enjoyed to heart-core, soul deep.
Sometimes when nothing else can touch heart fibers
the way a musical instrument can.




I continue to ponder deep.

What about an instrument to God?
How do I become that?

Me, a simple mother of two.
A wife to the hardest working hubby I know.
And a piano teacher to many.

How do I become such a thing for God?
How do I do this joy-filled, to heart-core?

I read again:

"Go forth and establish my word;
yet ye shall be
patient
in long-suffering and
afflictions
that ye may show forth
good examples
unto them - in me -
and I will make an
instrument
of thee in my hands
unto the salvation of
many souls."
-Alma 17:11





Patient.  Long-suffering.  Good example.
Me - an instrument unto the salvation of many souls?

I breathe deep responsibility, filling lung capacity ... slowly exhaling.
How do I do this?

God's word teaches me how.
And even in my imperfect, human life -
knowing
what a daily challenge it is for me to become those things,
so that in return - I may be an instrument of "many souls" -
I know that with Him - in Him,
He will Hold me in His hands
so that
I may become the instrument
He will fine-tune me to be.

After all ... aren't we all instruments for each other?
This - the instrument and joy-filled within.

No comments: