About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Saturday, February 27, 2010

~ Time ~


"Love is spelled T-I-M-E"

I've really been thinking about time lately.  Not only what I spend my time doing ... but how time often feels like a thief in the night.  It seemed as if it were only yesterday that I was holding my brand new baby newborn son in my arms - and then overnight he is 17 1/2 years old!  Same thing with my daughter - just yesterday she was swaddled laying in my arms in the hospital bed, crying at the top of her lungs - today she is 14 - and still screaming ... hahaha ... just kidding.  Or just yesterday I was with all my friends in high school, cheering at the football/basketball games until our voices were gone, and this year marks my 25th high school reunion!!  Unbelievable. I still feel like I just stepped out through those front doors attached to that red brick school building as if it were just yesterday - and then the years added up, bring me back to reality.  

I look back on my life moments - and see the time spent doing a myriad of amazing things.  Other moments, pre-occupied with something I thought was so important at the time - which took precedence over my kids and family. And now, I realize had no significance at all, compared to the time lost I could have spent with my children and family instead.  Lessons learned ... still learning.

How do you spend your time?  Where is your primary focus?  As for me, I can tell you that I sure could focus more time - especially now - on the most important things in life right in front of me, before they are gone.  Namely my family. This video is a perfect summary of today's post.  And truly defines that Love definitely is spelled Time. 

Living in such a fast paced world that we do, quality time is slowly becoming rare.  Instant communication through texting, emailing and a handful of other technologies are indeed amazing and a blessing in countless ways ... but not when it takes place of the time we could have spent with that person face to face.

Spend time today - this weekend - with those you love and who are most important to you, before time passes you by and you've lost your chance. Make the time. "Quality" time ... not just quantity.  Make it matter - worthwhile - important - cherished - remembered forever.

No comments: