About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Monday, February 21, 2011

~ Whole ~

I wonder,
how many days do I walk the earth with
eyes wide shut -
robotically, habitually, mechanically breathing
just to survive another day?

Eyes wide shut
to the
life moments that exist all around me
every second
of the day ...
infinitesimal - fleeting moments ...
all because I was
asleep -
unconscious to the gifts of
being ...






swirling - existing - breathing
in the world outside
of my sleeping soul.








It really wasn't until
I took on the challenge of keeping a
gratitude journal - years ago -
that I awoke, and beheld with

clarity




















these moments.  Life.  Miracles.  Joy.




In spite of a chaotic world - mine within - and the one outside,
I discovered - every day ...
something within,
even microscopic - to be thankful for.
Be grateful.

Within a whirlwind of
the mess of life, reality, endless frustrations, obstacles, walls, disease, trials, grief of death ...
deadlines, lack of finances, overwhelming expectations, negative voices, lack of love ...

I strained to see.
I was determined to see.
I could see.
I can see.
I do see.
The beauty through the ugly,
simply by expressing

Gratitude.

One of the simplest acts in life - expressing gratitude -
and being grateful,
bestowed within me, swellings of re-birth I never knew
existed.
Living gratitude by waking up, and truly seeing for the first time
the little seemingly insignificant
moments
ignited my soul, heart, mind -
eyes wide open.


Joy
in a chaotic world.

Life

in a new world - my world.

Contentment.
Not "wanting" for more - because I already had what     I needed ...
right there in front of me.


New eyes.

Time slows miniature ... heart expands large,
even in the
Still
moments of my world.



It has been said that gratitude unlocks the windows of heaven.

A connection of life's daily threads.
Woven.  Interlaced. Linked to divinity.
Fabric that
binds
heaven and earth together
in the Light of immediate recognition - eyes illuminated -
... of gifts.

It is the axe for the frozen sea inside us.

The gateway to the heavens ... to miracles ...

to Him

The Hand who is the author.
Designer.  Composer.  Formulator.
Father.

The Hand that gives
birth
to these moments in life.

Eyes wide open.

It has been said that "WE create the world we live in." 
Wouldn't it be a magnificent world, living - breathing - being - in daily gratitude? 
Amidst and in spite of the world outside, shaking - rattling our bones.
Create your world.  A world of daily gratitude.


I am reading the most amazing book right now, titled:
"One Thousands Gifts."
I had an "ah-ha" experience the other day with something this most graceful and talented author pointed out:

When Christ cleansed the ten lepers, how many returned to give thanks?

One.

Only one out of ten, was grateful enough to return and give thanks.
It was then that Christ said: "Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee
whole."

It wasn't until he returned that he was made whole. 
I love the fact that he returned.  And of course love that he gave thanks.  So the point she makes, is that if we return and give thanks - show our gratitude - that we will be made
whole.

Not only physically ... and herein lies the "ah-ha" moment" ... but
spiritually whole.

Whole.  Simply by giving thanks.  Gratitude.

"Gratitude precedes the miracle."
-Ann Voskamp




And now, after many years - one of my daily
rituals
is recording these "moments" ...
pen to paper,
the instant something illuminates itself within my
being.
Even the simplest of things. 
I write.
I am then blessed one-hundred fold.

Whole.

Gratitude precedes the miracle.


May your life be blessed this day, by simply giving thanks.  Gratitude.  Eyes wide open to the moments all around you.  Put pen to paper and record your moments.  In spite of the world around you and within - break that barrier and write.  Even if it is as simple as "having the courage to make it through another day."  Or a smile from a stranger, a wink, a hug.  It doesn't have to be complex. 

Gratitude lives and thrives in simplicity.  Adjust your focus if needed and really see it.

"Behold His glory.  And be held by God." -Ann Voskamp

Simple + Gratitude + Write = Miracles.



Want to have your spirit and heart really touched today?  Don't leave without watching this inspiring,extraordinary video.  One that is sure to change lives and impact the world, without a doubt. 
One that EVERYONE needs to see and experience over and over again - every day. 
Enjoy.




p.s....
I am starting a project - challenge - journey - dare ... and you are all invited!
Stay tuned.  It will change your life : )

No comments: