About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

~ Out of Darkness ~

Frustrations,
anxiety - expectations - deflating of soul -
fill me up
like a brewing whirlwind spinning in
chaos
shaking me, as I shake my head
wondering
where is gratitude in
moments
such as these?

Where, in my daily
discipline of
writing, searching, hunting, seeing
gratitude
is it now - in ugly moments?
In these dark storms of life, billowing - engulfing?
Not every
fleeting second is filled with
sweet sugar on top ...
as I am
knocked down once in awhile, left in
darkness
leaving me to wonder - where is it?








But then it comes to me ...
regardless
of what is spinning around me,
even in between all of the moments that are ugly,
something
is still there to see - claim - write.

I dig deep.  Really deep.
The invisible
becomes visible once more ...
slowly coming into view
at first difficult to find with blood boiling within,
but in the ugly - beauty is there.

Transformed.



Gratitude is always silently existing in its own quiet realm ... just waiting.
For us. 
For us to choose.
To claim it.

And then I remember
words that quench my
parched soul ...

"Above the clouds
Light
never stops shining."
-Ann Voskamp





Out of darkness
I
surface.
In these moments of ugly, I find it ...

Him.

Carrying me when I am knocked down.
Strength to keep enduring.
Love filled when nothing else can.
When nothing seems visible in my world
around me,
there is always Him.

Eyes unveiled -
to His
love for me - in all the thousand and one ways
already existing.
His proof of love for me - for all of humanity. 
Visible proof.

I surface - out of darkness
into
the Light and see.



No comments: