About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

~ Shrinking ~

What causes me to hold
back,
from stepping forward into
being,
and allowing others to really
see me
for who I am and what I was
created to be?

Why do I
shrink

the moment I question,
second guess,
doubt,
that which I have felt inspired - ignited - awakened to
share
with the world.  My world.  My family.  Friends?
At times the feeling of guilt,
hypocrisy perhaps,
fear, embarrasment, exposure, self protection,
concern of what others think, low self esteem ...
whatever it may be that takes control, to keep me from
expanding
into what and who I truly am,
causes me once again to
shrink,


retreive back into my box.



Comfortable.  Stagnant.  Lifeless.



One of my most favorite poems - ever - is quoted below.  I refer back to it now and again -
and right now as I'm feeling the binding, low self-worth of shrinking.
The words in this quote bring me back to full vision, self-worth and endless potential just waiting...screaming...bursting to progress.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.”

-Marianne Williamson


I know that power of which
shining
can change hearts, mine, and those around me -
... the world.
I know it, because I've read of such power
and have been in the awe-inpsiring presence of
extraordinary people
who choose to shine and not shrink.

I also know by who's power it is
that causes
me - us - anyone to
shrink.
The power that is ugly, dark, pitiful, jealous, self loathing, prideful, envious ...
settling itself right into the depths
of being.
I know this.  I have felt it many times in my life.  I also know that
that power
can be conquered and shattered into a million liberating pieces
when we choose to
shine
instead of shrink.

Because "palms curled into protective fists fill with darkness."
-Ann Voskamp



By "chance" - I just happened to come across this yesterday, as it - again - was another ah-ha moment for me.  At the right time, moment, second in my life much needed.

"He, who is our Eternal Father has blessed you
 with miraculous powers of mind and body.
He never intended that you should be less than
the crowning glory of His creations."

-Gordon B. Hinckley






So, here's to YOU today. 

Choose to shine instead of shrinking - expand your potential and
who you were and are
created
to be and become.






































Step out of that box today.  And with me,
shine your light
without any hesitaiton.



You never know who is waiting just for YOU,
who will be blessed beyond measure because you simply chose to
conquer the darkness
and be the crowing glory of His
creation.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Beautiful post. You are such a talented writer. Thank you for that. :)

Welcome Friends said...

Thank you so much!!
Good to hear from you : )
xoxo