About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Monday, January 10, 2011

~ What think ye? ~



“It isn't what you have, or who you are,
or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy.
It is what you THINK about.”
 ~ Dale Carnegie

One of my Facebook friends posted this as their status today.  As I've mentioned before - I love quotes.  And as has happened before, this one jumped out at me today.  And when that happens ... well, you know - I must need it.  Or it was also meant to be for someone else today.  Within the void of cyberspace, reaching out to a heart - without my knowing.

So, what THINK ye?  First of all, what are your own thoughts about this quote?  Now, do a mental check off - what exactly do you think about everyday?  Sure, we all have our laundry list of thoughts.  But here's what changes even the most mundane - busy - overloaded thoughts:
 Positive vs. Negative.

It has been said that we are what we think.  Well, I say if that is true - then we better be thinking good thoughts.  Of course negativity will still creep in ... always does.  BUT - if we are to be the "captain of our souls," then let us control, conquer, and lead out with good.  Positive.   Gratitude.  Appreciation.  For therein lies the pathway to happiness and lasting joy.  After all, there is always the alternative ... but why EVER waist such precious life energy on the negative and entertain that choice when you have the better one?

In the book/movie: "Eat Pray Love" - there is another amazing quote that of course jumped out at me.  It follows perfectly with my blog thought today:

“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.”

So!  Here's to thinking positive today.  No matter our circumstance.  No matter what we have or don't have.  Where we are - what we are doing.  Make a difference in YOUR world by first cultivating your thoughts.  Then go out into your own corner of the world and teach others to do the same!

Happy thinking today!  : )

p.s....One of things I think about when I think about positive thinking - attitude etc. is the movie: "Life Is Beautiful" and how the father - no matter what - always stayed positive for his son, even while in the concentration camp.  Amazing example.  Here's a little clip of one of my favorite scenes.  While you're watching it - think of how you can bring positive thoughts into your life today and those around you.
 AND how fortunate you are.  How blessed.

No comments: