About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Saturday, June 11, 2011

~ Simplify ~

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary
so that the necessary may speak"
-Hans Hofmann

I was told once while packing for a vacation with limited storage space:
"bring only what you absolutely need."

It was somewhat challenging to pack that way,
but in the end I had an enlightening experience.
I had with me exactly what I needed
and realized,
how simple it really was.
That I could truly live off of what was just in my small suitcase
and nothing more.

And the other element - truly unexpected - I felt deep within ...
Joy. Freedom. Contentment. And undeniably -
Gratitude.

When I came home from that trip,
I simplified my life.
Everything around me.
My home. My attitude. My surroundings.
eliminated the negative, energy-draining toxins ...
daily depressing news, busy schedules, t.v., certain people, drama, habits –
the outside world details which I
considered top priority and most important that with - eyes now open -
wasn't.

Breathing, existing, living - transformed itself.

Sure, the pressures, anxieties, worries, fears, frustrations from the world
are still around me, and I feel them pounding heavy now and then,
and battle them daily ...

but

not so compounding, and vice-gripped as they used to be.
Eyes of eternal perspective – true importance.

And I have found that by living a more
simplified – less world compiling life,
has blossomed God-gratitude within deep soul fiber.

A simple life does not mean going without.
A simple life is going
within.

True deep innermost fulfillment that doesn’t compare to outside counterfeit opinion.

Needs versus wants.
God versus the world-judgements.

Why I try to complicate things more, is beyond me.
I make an effort to teach my family this concept daily.
How simplicity truly leads to gratitude.
To inner-spirit satisfaction. To God.

Herein lies the secret to a joyful - much more fulfilling life.

Simple is beautiful.

































Simple is God.



“When the solution is simple,
God is answering.”
-Albert Einstein






"For our rejoicing is this,
the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity,
 not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God,
we have had our conversation in the world,
and more abundantly to you-ward."
-2 Corinthians 1:12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me that SIMPLICITY is COMPLEX, and not simple at all! This I see as what the majority of people are taught. Yet, simplicity is as easy as it sounds. It is a mindset, a set of emotions, and overall a WAY of LIFE. Your lesson was simple and you saw simplicity because you are open minded. For those that are clouded, I suggest to name the 5 or 6 most important things in life, and you get family, kids, marriage, health, and work. Trying to balance on these six can be hard enough, even with simplicity, but consider that most people have a list as long as they have one for Santa. This is the error that needs to be corrected. Simplicity is a secret to happiness, but living on those things that mean the most. Another awesome BLOG - which really is architects design for happiness. Thank you Lisa for being YOU!

Welcome Friends said...

I love your thoughts. Thank you for sharing another view ... and what you said is true. It's all about focus, and yes - a way of life. It's interesting to me, how other aspects of life can be found from simplicity. Yes, it's difficult at times, but in the long run, worth focusing on and sriving for.