About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Sunday, June 19, 2011

~ A Father Indeed ~


"A father carries pictures where his money used to be."
~Author Unknown

I am very fortunate indeed to have 2 fathers in my life.  They have both taught me so much and I feel that I have learned twice as many of life's gems because of both of them!

Here's to all the amazing fathers everywhere!  Who not only make a difference in their own little corner of the world - but who touch the world outside of them as well.

Be sure to watch this touching video, and pass it on to your fathers for sure!

Enjoy a collection of some of my favorite Father's Day quotes:



 "He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
~Clarence Budington Kelland

"My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say:
"You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."
~Harmon Killebrew

"One father is more than a hundred Schoolemasters."
~George Herbert, Outlandish Proverbs, 1640

"Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope."
~Bill Cosby

"Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name."
~William Wordsworth

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!"
~Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
~Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874


"Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown."
~Author Unknown

No comments: