About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Monday, April 11, 2011

~ Down-Time with Heaven ~

Within minutes - not hours - I felt it coming on.
That ache that starts in the weary bones, joints, head in vice and becomes
visible
in glassy water blood-shot eyes.
Throat scorched fire, can't swallow.  Cough wracking every fiber of the body.
Ears piercing plugged shut.  Fever beading hot on forehead.
It had overcome me before I even knew it ... whatever this sickness is ...
it found mom. 

I don't have time to be sick.  What mother ever does?

It's down time for me, when so many responsibilities
are swirling up - in my little world. 
Dog to walk - bills to be paid - piano lessons to teach -
kids to pick up from school -
dinner to be made - homework - housework ...

Who takes care of mom when she's sick?

It is in times like this that simplifying takes precedence
as my body slowly heals. 
I give in. 
What else can I do? 

I give in to Him.

He who whispers gently to my aching:

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands"
-Isaiah 49:16

He knows what I am going through right now ... and

I am a beggar to Him, petitioning in desperate prayers of quick healing
for my weary, broken body. 
A beggar to Him - who lends me daily breath. 
Who blesses me with everything I need and have. 
He - who envelopes my feeble soul and body when nothing else can.  
Are we not all beggars

And then I wonder - how did He do it all?
Not only suffering my pain right now, but all of ours. 
I can't even fathom it. 
Right now in this moment of enduring pain,
how did He endure a million times more  -
than what I am and ever could?

Cocooned in softness with my loyal dog right beside me - while kids are at school - 
helps aid in the healing process the best Lucky knows how to do. 
Animals sense these things...





As  Heaven heals not only physically but
my heart and soul as well.

I rest in His comfort. 
This is who takes care of mom when nothing else can.
My own down-time with Heaven.

 "I will not leave you comfortless:
I will come to you."
-John 14:18

3 comments:

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Hope your on the mend & feeling better. Your dog is so cute & I can see he is a great companion to have around when your feeling under the weather.
Blessings :)

Lisa

Lisa Easterling said...

I was visitor 10,000. I'm sure of it. :D

Love you, girl!

Welcome Friends said...

{hugs to both of you!}

My life is truly blessed because of people like you!

Thank you a thousand times over ...