About Me

My photo
I love expressing heart-felt and inspired words that come unseen at times, yet powerful and profound within.
Enlightenment, in between the lines.

As you will find, I truly believe in the divine power of Gratitude. And how, by that power, it can change lives.

This journey of blogging has been an adventure!
And I'm so glad you stopped by for a quick visit : )

Thursday, March 17, 2011

~ Mothering, Nurturing & Deeper Pain ~

I listen to her gargled hollow breathing
right beside me during the night. Painful moans in surface sleep.

A 3:00 am wake up call for more pain relief is administered ...
tiny liquid sips of elixir slowly seep down
into thick flamed swollen throat.
All the body muscles tighten stone, with tears and fear in eyes - just to swallow.

She slowly lies back down
head on pillow
deep breathes through gurgling, swelling. 
Oxygen a most essential element of life, taken for granted - fills her lungs.
Expands. Heals.

I mentally count, whole-heart ...
- inhale, exhale - as I hesitantly go back to sleep.
Just keep breathing safe - I pray. 
Mothering with  all my heart, to hear my prayers.
I've heard that Mother's prayers ascend to Heaven the quickest. 

I trust.

Her constant rhythmic waves of strained breathing into swollen throat,
echo in the quiet dark hours
as I drift.

Malia's tonsillectomy was successful.  But with it comes the burning - pain and tears.
Popsicles, water & liquid med's are but paper thin relief. 

Blessings of healing administered.
Sleep is moment's escape.

It makes me wonder in awe - ponder deep -
how He took upon this pain Malia is experiencing ...
along with ALL pain, suffering, heartache, sin, broken bodies,
tears, loss, lost souls, disease - countless ...
ALL pain ... for each one of us! 
Deeper pain than we will ever  comprehend.

Because He loved us

Because through Him - we can return.
Return home

Can you ever imagine such love?

He Atoned for us through all the pain, He took upon Himself - so that
He could carry us in our hour. 
He suffered beyond belief - body, mind and spirit ...  for us.

For Us.

He loved us this much. 

And that through Him - we may return home. 
He is our Savior.  He knows our pain.
He will carry us through.




She sleeps. 



He nurtures - spirit to spirit. 
Heart to heart.


 

1 comment:

Lisa Easterling said...

I feel like this was just for me today, dearest. Thank you.